BandBazi Youth has been in existence since 2006, it started with a group of young refugees devising a play for refugee week: The Last Meeting. In the intervening years the company has broadened it's work to include workshops with schools and community groups, regular aerial circus classes for children and it's infamous Youth Circus Theatre group. The ethos for our youth work is intertwined with our mission to give a voice to disenfranchised groups and challenge stereotypes. BandBazi Youth does this by engaging in high quality arts and performance projects and workshops with respected arts professionals in the fields of aerial circus, photography, creative writing and film.
- Give a voice to disenfranchised groups and challenge stereotypes
- Engage young people and children in the arts and in issues that affect their lives
- To strive for excellence in inclusive arts - improving the standard of arts produced by and with children and young people
- To be innovative in our approach - in the art forms we teach and the way we teach them
- To make sure consultation with young people is at the heart of our projects
- To build confidence in our participants and to encourage them to support one another